1. Causes of Leakage
(1) Molten steel temperature is too high, and with strong oxidation;
(2) The quality of refractory materials or ladle masonry is not good;
(3) The quality of purging-plug at the bottom of ladle is poor;
(4) Ladle slide gate plate or nozzle is not properly installed.
2. Accident Handling
(1) When leakage occurs, the BOF must be lifted immediately to stop tapping;
(2) At the same time, the steel ladle transfer car shall be driven away to avoid damage.
(3) Lift ladle to the accident treatment area;
(4) Inform the relevant personnel around the operation area to pay attention to the leaked ladle, and avoid it in time.
3. Prevention of ladle leakage
(1) Check the ladle carefully;
(2) Quality acceptance of refractory materials;
(3) Check the masonry quality of ladle working layer;
(4) Used ladle before re-use, the residual steel slag must be removed under red hot conditions, and the erosion must be checked in detail;
(5) When the ladle is hot-repaired, it is important to check the installation quality of the purging plug, nozzles, and slide gate plate.
Wanhao is a manufacturer who is specialized in designing various kinds of furnace and making refractory products for electric furnace, ladle, tundish, blast furnace, AOD furnace, IF furnace, etc.
Add: Caogou Industry Zone,Yichuan County,Luoyang.China